Insider's Tapas & Wine Evening Tour
Dive into Santiago's rich gastronomic traditions and enjoy its fantastic wines while exploring this magical city with your expert guide!
- Visit a historic bakery for must-try Galician Empanada and learn the secrets to making it
- Learn about Galicia's wines, why they're special and try a few for good measure!
- Discover why Santiago goes into fiesta mode in July and how you can join in!
- Ever wanted to know what makes Galician seafood so special? Try two types cooked to the traditional recipe in a quaint tavern
- Tick Spanish tortilla off your list as you will try our pick of the best tortilla in Santiago
- Find out what you would need to be considered an authentic pilgrim to Santiago centuries ago!
- Santiago's best Spanish tortilla
- Galician Empanada fresh from the oven!
- Local chocolate
- Fat, fresh mussels straight from the coast
- Iconic Galician Market-Style Octopus
- Padrón peppers with a spicy history
- Saint James' simply delicious almond cake
- Tasting of 3 local wines in local establishments
- Traditional Galician liqueur
- Coffee or tea
What to Expect on Your Tour
Galician gastronomy is top-rated not only in Spain but around the world! This region is synonymous with stunning cuisine, lush lansdscape and fascinating culture! Its capital city; Santiago, is a combination of everything that makes this region a must-visit! It is a blend of the traditional and the modern.
During our 2.5-hour tour you will see just how the two coexist in perfect harmony in this magical city. Experience not only the fantastic cuisine and culture but also the wonderful Galician wine. Hear from an expert what sets Galician wine apart and why it's getting more and more international recognition in recent years. Try some for yourself before you head off through an original city doorway that dates back to the Middle Ages to taste a local favorite: Galician Empanada served up in a century-old bakery. Enjoy some great local cooking in a traditional tavern where you will taste Galicia's famous octopus dish as it should be cooked! Satisfy your sweet tooth with the city's special almond cake in a pioneering bakery.
Visit six exciting local hotspots for the best of Santiago's gastronomy and wine on your walking tour. Devour at least seven tastes including a famous local dessert and 6 drinks. More than enough for a hearty dinner! Step back in time as you stroll through the winding, cobblestone streets surrounded by centuries of history and learn about a culture that is rumoured to have Celtic beginnings. See the modern-day manifestation of this unexpected beginning all over Santiago and deeply entrenched in the local culture. Visit family-run, authentic establishments which have been the cornerstone of local gastronomic traditions for decades.
As you hop from place to place enjoying Galician delicacies and specialities your expert guide will make sure you don't miss the great historical and cultural sights along the way! Of course, you will receive your very own Devour Santiago mini guide packed with our favorite places to eat and drink in this delicious city!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Santiago's medieval and atmospheric historic center with centuries of history on every corner!
Reviews for Devour Tours
This tour delivers what it promises by taking you to LOCAL eateries and markets. Well worth the investment, just loved the tour
What really puts Devour tours above the rest is their attention to detail and their exceptional guides.
We felt like we were insiders for the duration of the tour rather than tourists.