Hidden Santiago Food & Market Tour
Discover Santiago's cultural and gastronomic secrets on a delicious walking Santiago food tour!
- Discover the very best of local gastronomy as you visit unique family-run places
- Visit Santiago's century-old marketplace, meet local vendors, and taste fantastic ham, cheese and more
- Learn how Galicia's Celtic past still influences modern-day culture
- Dive into the most traditional Galician dishes in a tapas bar loved by locals
- Taste Santiago's iconic dessert in a historic bakery with an unusual claim-to-fame
- Indulge in delicious Galician Empanada from a bakery with a century of practice in making the best in the city!
- Santiago's best Spanish tortilla
- A selection of local Galician cheeses
- Delicious Iberian ham
- Freshly-baked Galician Empanada
- Scrumptious local chocolate
- Galicia's Protected Denomination of Origin Mussels
- Piping hot local Padrón peppers
- Galicia's famous octopus cooked in the traditional way
- Santiago's signature almond cake (at the best spot!)
- Traditional Galician liqueur
- Local Ribeiro wine
- Coffee or tea
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for an exciting journey through the historic center of Santiago for a gastronomic adventure! Our Santiago Food Tour and central market tour is a fantastic introduction to the must-try foods in Galicia. Santiago is well-known for its famous Cathedral and the pilgrimage which ends there, but its gastronomic gems and the best places to try them are not as easy to find in this medieval city. Your English-speaking expert guide will show you the top spots to eat the local specialties and drink in the atmosphere while you eat your way through Santiago on this 2.5-hour tour!
Feel like a true foodie as we explore local haunts, the bustling marketplace and a traditional tapas bar on this food, culture and history walking tour. Galicia is renowned throughout Spain for its top-quality gastronomy; done simply but always with utmost respect for the local produce.
Start the morning like a local with a perfectly-cooked tortilla in a tucked-away tapas bar! Next, discover why Santiago's market is the second most visited place in the city. Try some delicious local cheeses and Spanish ham at this busy century-old marketplace where country folk compete with city dwellers to offer the freshest produce to discerning customers. Then taste two types of Galician empanada at our next stop in a century-old bakery; a local specialty evolved from an old colonial recipe. Wander through the medieval historic center to the locals' favorite chocolate shop for a taste of something sweet! Then, get comfortable in an atmospheric traditional tapas bar for a variety of regional delicacies such as Galicia's iconic octopus cooked to order following the age-old recipe. End your tour with Santiago's most emblematic dessert served up at a charming bakery with an unusual claim to fame!
After all that great food and drink you will not only feel full, but you'll also have a fuller understanding of the local culture, folklore, history, and gastronomy. You'll be able to confidently navigate the maze of tapas bars and food shops with the insider's knowledge of how to eat and shop like a true Galician!
As with all Devour Galicia tours you'll also get our Devour Galicia guide, full of hints and tips for more places to devour the best of Santiago's cuisine during your stay in this great city!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Santiago's medieval and atmospheric historic center with centuries of history on every corner!
Rave Reviews for This Tour
This tour delivers what it promises by taking you to LOCAL eateries and markets. Well worth the investment, just loved the tour
What really puts Devour tours above the rest is their attention to detail and their exceptional guides.
We felt like we were insiders for the duration of the tour rather than tourists.